Friday, April 11, 2008

One more about American Idol.

Ok...so i watched most of the Idol gives back show on fastforward. Mostly because im not a fan of telethons. I also am not real big on watching multi millionaire celebs ask me for money. I am going to ask that Fox changes the name from "Idol Gives Back", to "Idol doesnt give shit, asks you to donate 30 mil, then only distributes a portion to charity". Seriously. Idol is raking in shitloads of cash, yet they get up and beg YOU to come up with 30 million. Cant american idol inc. kick in a paltry 50 mil....or maybe match dollar for dollar what the public donates. I have looked, and to my knowledge they dont. Also last year they didnt even give all the phone pledges to the charities.

I cant remember all the charities highlighted, but if you liked one, id encourage you to find that specific charity website and donate thru them, so Idol doesnt get a fucking dime.

Also, i really am not inspired to give when i see miley fucking cyrus and her has been pop waltz into a shack in kentucky with their overpriced clothing and hiar-dos. All i can think of is how big of an ass they look like. I couldnt give a shit about seeing the tool that is Daughtry singing a song to all the african kiddies, while a studio version of the song, complete with childrens choir is overdubbed on the video. I feel like its nothing more than a god damn photo op.

Except annie lennox. That woman was clearly moved, and her performance of "many rivers to cross" is easily the best performance of anything this season.

I suppose its ok that American Idol uses its reach to bring notice to worthy causes, but i dont know if i can support how they market the whole thing.....something really stinks if you ask me.

No comments: